Thursday, September 6, 2007

CCK...siiiiiiiick....

KATE W. is here for a couple hours or so. I'm glad that princesses are always princesses. That's pretty rad. Speaking of rad -- today Matt and I did a climb called Cascading Crystal Kaleidescope. It goes at 5.7 + , and it is an awesomely exposed climb. I led the first pitch, pretty good climbing, relatively easy. I tried focusing more on climbing instead of placing gear.

Matt did the next two pitches. First a real overhanging roofy section. Then a real humdinger of an airy traverse. I can't wait to lead those pitches, and the direct variation looks pretty rad too.

3 comments:

scouncell said...

Hey Jessie, aka the bod. My fave is when you say that you are focused on the climbing and not the gear- very zen. Good for the gunks too when there is often gear missing at the crux! Is Shockley's on your list? Stictly from Nowhere? Those are total bod climbs.

Unknown said...

Hey dude, your cousin speaking.
Sweet Blog! I'll have to check it a lot!

kate and pam said...

i like this one because im in it. theres too much climbing stuff in all the other ones.