Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dan Ellis learns to boulder

TOOK a trip up to Peterskill today to practice some cruxes. There are some cool problems up there that I've been working and I wanted to get Dan on some real boulders. The only other time he's been able to do any other climbing with me was on some lame boulders in Central Park.

We went over to a place that I'd been to before -- a section called Terror Dome, and I sent a V2 called Lotsa Matzo that I had worked a couple of months ago and had gotten no where on. This time I just cruised it, no problem. I can definitely tell that I'm starting to get stronger, which is really exciting. Dan worked about half way up the boulder, which is about where I got last time I tried it. Not bad for his first time out!

We went over to the Outbreak Boulder after that and I worked on VD, which is a V3 with a really burly dyno way high up. Sent it on my second try. Yay! And I also got the first move of Midget Maker too! Double yay! Today was a day for sending -- not pretending. Can't wait to send some V4s!

No comments: