Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Climbing with Wendy!!

MATT had to work the morning shift this morning, along with the afternoon shift, so I couldn't climb with him today. But Wendy is still in town and we climbed all day today.

We started this morning on a nice 5.8- called City Lights. I led the first pitch and it's a great face climb on the first pitch, with a pretty thoughtful crux. The second pitch has some pretty good moves over a small roof. After that we walked down the cliff a little further and did Bloody Mary. It's a nice 5.7 with some really cool moves on the first pitch, and a real airy traverse, which Wendy led quite well.

I wanted to give Wendy a really good last few climbs, so I took her down to Double Crack. I lead it last week, and I thought she'd really like it. She got to the same cruxy spot that I did, and struggled for a minute, and then got right on through it. She definitely handled it better than I did. I followed her, trailing my rope so we could rappel all the way down, and thought it was a great climb on toprope as well as on lead. Three star climb in my book.

After that, we wanted to do one more really good climb. We were going to do Ursula, which is a three star 5.5, but there were some people on it. We then thought about doing Airy Aria, but, I thought it would be cool to do CCK. We were worried about light, so I led the first pitch quickly. Wendy led the second pitch, and by the time I got up there, we decided it was too dark to climb. We rapped down do the GT Ledge, and realized that my rope wasn't long enough to get us to the ground in one rap, and there weren't any rapp stations around. So I rappelled down my rope on a single rope, and then when I got down, I tied Wendy's rope to mine, and she pulled it up, and we she was able to come down. Yay problem solving!!

Awesome day of climbing.

No comments: