Sunday, September 27, 2009

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday, my buddy Grant came up to visit, and with his friend Marc we all went up to the Summit Cliff. I hadn't been up that-a-way in some time, so I was particularly excited to get back on our "firsts."

We met at the trailhead and worked our way up what could be the worst approach in Silver Lake. That said, the approach isn't bad at all. For the first little bit its nice rolling clear logging roads. Once you start heading uphill though, the quality of the logging road deteriorates a bit, and the brambles start to get taller. And with a total of 45 minutes of approach, it isn't bad at all.

When we got there, Green Mountain Boys was wet (like usual), but Handlebarbarism was dry (like usual). So I convinced Marc to get on it, which he did, and ended up onsighting. His first Adirondack 5.10 onsight. 'Atta boy. Grant and I then toproped it. Such a good climb.

When I got to the top I belayed from up Marc and Grant, and we headed over to Tales of Weakness -- the summit arete crack -- which is one of the more obvious lines in all of Silver Lake. Marc led again, and Grant and I followed. What a day what a day.

Grant has pictures that look pretty good. I'll try to find those.

And today. Well, today I am cleaning the house.

No comments: