Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Official

Yup, it's official. The ski season has begun.

Last week, Matt Rich and I went to New Paltz to do some climbing. The weather was supposed to be much better than here in Wilmington, and we were itchin' to do some climbin'. We did a couple of pitches of roped stuff (Moonlight 5.6, No Glow 5.9) and then did some bouldering. Matt first did Double Clutch (V4) into the route Double Clutch (5.9+). Having totally crushed both cruxes, he traversed left and then downclimbed to the ground. Then, Devin Matt and I did a V6 near the route Horseman, and then Matt and I also did the Finn V4. After that we worked on Jackson Polluck. I'm soooo close on it. I did every single move on it, figured out all the beta, and just couldn't quite string it together. Next time though...it's mine.

The next day we went to the Lost City. We were going to do some bouldering, but a lot of it was wet. Luckily Persistent was dry, so we set up a toprope on it. That was fun for a while. Then Margaret came over. We went to the left side of the cliff...where...there is the most sweet problem ever. It's called Funny Killer, and I think it goes at V7. I worked it for a little while, definitely has a long way to go.

That said.....

As I'm writing this post, the snow is coming down pretty hard. Nice big fat flakes of white powdery goodness. And...we went skiing today. At Whiteface. There was only 2 trails open, but it was sweeeet. I hadn't been skiing in quite some time and it felt great to get back on it. And it's still snowing hard.

No comments: