Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there. Thanks for being a mom!!

The past few days we've been doing some Silver Laking. On Friday Rich and I went on a reconnaissance mission. We looked into some anchor situations, and tried to figure a way to the top of the cliff on one of our routes. There are definitely three different options! We need to get some bolts, and a drill, and make some anchors!

Yesterday I had a job interview. Except that the place I was interviewing forgot that I had a job interview. The woman called in sick and no one called to tell me. So, I went climbing. Er, I tried to go climbing. Our buddy Josh was up visiting, and the weather was really compete crap (much like today too -- snow?! wtf). But the sun did poke out long enough for some climbing. Josh got to lead the first pitch of Where the Wild Things Are. There are like four pitches up there at Potter Mountain that just always seem to be dry, which is great news. It rained on the approach. Not for a long time, but it was definitely coming down. The rock at Potter -- still bone dry.

And actually, before that, while I was at my 'interview,' Rich and Josh did some exploring up at the Wayback Cliff. I went up there once with Jim and Tom but we never made it to the single climb that is up there. The report from Rich was that there is not too much to get inspired by back there. And the boulder field below Wayback -- lots of good angles of rock, no holds. Bummer.

So, everyone keep their fingers and toes crossed for better weather.

1 comment:

Charlie Harman said...

likewise, it hit 100 here on friday. but its been nicer since. i flashed through the crux of a 12b yesterday only to get uber pumped at the top.

typical austin climbing = 6 move boulder problem into 30 ft of sustained 11ish power endurance. steep son. i miss cracks though