Friday, July 2, 2010

Beaver Brook and Baker Mountain

Yesterday Matt, Alex and I went out to Beaver Brook in the morning, hoping to beat the rain. We warmed up on Old Men Shooting Powder (5.10c), and then I led Good to the Last Drop (5.10d) and then Matt set up the top-rope on the project. The first go at it I made it up through the first couple of boulder problems and fell on a set of crimps 20 feet from the top. Matt and Pelman tried it and then I got on it again. This time I fell on the last move! So close! In actuality I was no where close to making the move, but I eventually figured out how to actually do the move, so that was cool. Closer and closer...

I came back and got ready to go to work. When I got there, there were like 5 people with reservations, so I went out to Saranac Lake and climbed at Baker with Pelman. It had recently been down-pouring, so our hopes were low, but lo!, the cliff was dry as a bone! I tried the 5.11 there and it was hard and scary. I bailed off that and just top-roped it. It was ok, but not great.

No comments: