Thursday, February 10, 2011

Back in the Gunks

The Adirondacks will always be near and dear, but it does feel nice to be back in the Hudson Valley.

On January 31, 2011, Matt and I loaded the last of our things in the last available cubic inches of our cars and closed the door on the beach house in the mountains for the last time. I headed South and he stayed to do some couch surfing. I will certainly miss everyone up there in the cold, dark, North...BUT I'm sure we will be back, at the very least, to visit.

That said, I've already been out bouldering on the carriage road. On Monday (my birthday) Chris and Margaret and I got out for a little while. We weren't expecting much in the way of dry rock considering how awful this winter has been. But to our delight, Million Dollar and New Pair were both dry, and Suzie A was mostly dry. We didn't do a lot of climbing, but it was nice to move around again. After showing Chris the beta on Million and New Pair, he sent both quite handedly -- even flashing New Pair! Good job Chris!

Come Spring, Come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the gunks is still my favorite place to rock climb. period. the hudson valley isn't so bad either...

-charlie

Jesse Littleton said...

I always liked Kentucky the best...

shawangunks climbing said...

The gunks is still my favorite place to rock climb. period. the hudson valley isn't so bad either.