Friday, April 16, 2010

Okay, so...Kentucky first.

OMG. Like seriously, OMG. Kentucky is way too much fun. Like, might not be able to have more fun anywhere at any time. Ever. Did I mention that the Red River Gorge is cool. I think so, at least.

Let my first start with a list of climbs. I'll let you know how I climbed each route -- that is, whether I on-sighted it (OS), top-roped it (TR), hang dogged it (HD), didn't finish it but got got to x bolt (DNF4). I'm including a 'flash' as an on-sight...if YOU'D rather, YOU can call it he got it on his first try -- I don't want to get into the subtleties right now.

Anyway, here is a list of climbs that I did:
  • 5th Bolt Faith 5.10c OS
  • Plate Tectonics 5.9+ OS
  • Thrillbillies 5.10b OS
  • Sacred Stone 5.11c DNF3 <---way hard slab climb
  • Bitter Ray of Sunshine 5.10c OS
  • Single Finger Salute 5.10c OS
  • Conscription 5.11c OS <--- cool crux, pumpy finish.
  • Avalanche Run 5.12a HD <--- only hanged once, jug tuggin'.
  • Action Over Apathy 5.10b HD <---really...10b? more like 11d...
  • Dynabolt Gold 5.10a OS
  • Air-Ride Equipped 5.11a OS <--- did it two years ago...still awesome.
  • Super Best Friends 5.12b DNF8 <---OMG. 'nough said. Wait, no, not enough said. OMG.
  • Battery Life 5.11b HD
  • Lip Service 5.11c OS <---hahaha lip service...hahah...if only you knew...hahaha. It's sweet.
  • The Gift 5.12a DNF7 <--- perhaps the best climb I've ever been on.
  • Autumn 5.9- TR <--- wicked trad line.
Now, if you wait just one hot second I will give you a more detailed report. I know your salivating, so just hold on and I'll give you what you want.

4 comments:

Blonde over Blue said...

i want more pictures!

Jesse Littleton said...

...as soon as I get back to Wilmington.

Blonde over Blue said...

hummm...you've been in Wilmington for almost a week...

Jesse Littleton said...

Sometimes I'm a slacker, what can I say?