Monday, April 19, 2010

The start of a trip report.

First the facts.
  1. Alabama is sweet.
  2. Kentucky is sweet.
  3. Rock climbing is sweet.
Ok, glad we got that out of the way. I want to give a full trip report but I can't because I don't have the HP-40 guidebook and I can't remember all the climbs we tried. And I'd like to be as thorough as I can, for thoroughness's sake. But what I can do is give you the time-line of events. Here we go:

Monday, April 5: Last day of work; started packing for the trip.
Tuesday, April 6: Finished packing; drove to New Paltz.
Wednesday, April 7: Start of the perfect weather; climbed in New Paltz; enjoyed a barbecue.
Thursday, April 8: Rich and I drive to Alabama in around 17 hours.
Friday, April 9: Bouldering; learn the proper usages of "y'all."
Saturday, April 10: Still perfect weather; bouldering until 4 o'clock; drive to Kentucky on curvy roads.
Sunday, April 11: Climbing in Muir Valley; randomly found Al, just after he sent Iniquity; Matt and Margaret arrive at night.
Monday, April 12: Curbside with Al and Jimmy, Matt, Margaret, Rich and me; sight-seeing at the Motherlode.
Tuesday, April 13: Back to Muir; perfect weather still; everyone crushes.
Wednesday, April 14: Last day of perfect weather; Long Wall; pack up; drive to Columbus Ohio.
Thursday, April 15: No more rock trip.

No comments: