Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sending, not pretending.

On sunday I didn't have to work but Rich was working a double. So I went out to Silver Lake where I still had a fixed rope hanging on Zoinks!! and I tried some variations and other pitches. They were all really hard and I didn't really make much progress. But maybe someday in the future. After a couple of laps on the old top rope solo, I headed over to Pitchoff and met up with a college buddy. We did a couple laps on the Raven, and then we did Roaches on the Wall. I'd never done Roaches before, and it's pretty sweet for sure.

Yesterday I worked breakfast, which was fun. Rich did too, and we got out at about the same time. So of course, we headed up to Silver Lake. And sent Zoinks!! on lead. I've top-rope soloed it enough times that it should have been easy, but it was still really hard! It's an awesome awesome awesome awesome climb and I can't recommend it enough. It's so good.

I was saying to Rich on the hike out that finishing a project is a little bit like losing a friend. You aren't going to see each other as much, things are going to be different when you do see each other, and they'll never ever be like they used to. That said, I'd climb Zoinks!! any day.

Also interesting. There was another party climbing on a route a couple of cliffs over. Haven't had that experience at Silver Lake yet. Wonder what they were doing....

3 comments:

Blonde over Blue said...

I like that you used four awesomes to describe Zoinks! so what you are saying is its pretty sweet?

Jesse Littleton said...

Yeah, it's pretty good. It's sweeter than strawberry rhubarb pie. It's sexier than Megan Fox. I think it's an instant classic and everyone should go climb it.

Charlie Harman said...

roaches is super fun, some of the most clean sporty trad in the 'daks. zoinks sounds cool. pictures please.