Monday, August 23, 2010

A New Proj-i

So about a month ago I hung a rope. It was soooo hot and humid that day I barely made it out of there with out heat exhaustion. I came back twice to scrub it down and look it over. When I fist hung the rope I wasn't sure if it would go down to our talents -- it looked really hard. But the more I scrubbed and look at it, the more it seemed possible.

It's steep . Probably 15-20 degrees overhung. And the face is more or less blank, with a few intermittent knobbins. It starts out on a block-ledge. From there you enter a scrunched corner with a roof. A few awkward moves and a mediocre lock get out up and over to a jug. From there the locks and jams spread out. A long move gets you to a decent finger lock. A few more moves and the crack opens up to hands and fists. At the top of the fists it the crack dwindles to a seam, and the next jam is a long ways off. That's as far as a got.

It all seems possible, but hard to link. It's at least 5.11+, it might even be 5.12a? Here are some photos.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that last one is wild. you should climb more. - peter

Jesse Littleton said...

I know...maybe if I climbed more I wouldn't have to put pictures up of me falling, cause I'd just crush everything. Alas...work...

Charlie Harman said...

attack of the flying budha! looks sick... i'm back in tx and its hot

Jesse Littleton said...

Haha, I like it. It does look like the attack of the flying buddha. I think we have ourselves a route name.