Monday, August 23, 2010

Some things.

So, the last post I had was almost a full month ago. I swear I haven't been lazy. I've been working too much. In the last three weeks I have been climbing a grand total of three times. Also in the last three weeks I've worked close to 150 hours. YAY!!!!!! (psych...)

A couple days after my last post Davis and I went out to the C Chimney cliff and we ended up nabbing the First Free Ascent of Hippie Sticks and Black Flies (5.11a). I tried to lead the first pitch, but after several attempts I just couldn't seem to do it. Davis jumped on it and totally crushed. I led the next pitch, and then he led the last, totally walking the hard exit moves.

When we rapped down we ended up getting a rope stuck. I had previously hung a rope on a new project [more to tell later ;-) ] and so I started to ascend that rope to free the stuck rope. On the way up I pulled a pretty large sized rock onto my head and face. Of course I wasn't wearing my brain bucket and I bled a lot. Not a major incident, mostly just annoying. But to date I have a nice scar on my face and head -- probably lifers.

Then, about a couple of weeks ago, Kasia and Chris came up en route to Canada. We went up to the C Chimney for...

*gasp*

...BOULDERING!!!

BOULDERING?!?!?!?! AT SILVER LAKE?!?!?! THAT'S LIKE JERKING OFF IN A WHORE HOUSE, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!?!?!?!?

Oh stop, it is not. There is actually some potential up there for some fun boulder problems. I mean, there are a lot of rock routes too, but hey, diversity is important. We ended up going to one boulder and did a little bit o' scrubbing. We did like four problems with some elimination stuff. But it was good. And fun. I'm not sure if that one boulder is worth the approach alone, but the other dozen or so problems that we found later probably are. 50 minutes may be to long to walk for boulders...but it also may not be...

I'm going to save my third day of climbing in three weeks for it's own post. Cause I got some cool photos and stuff.

1 comment:

chris said...

booooolderrrrrzzz son. Quebec was dopenasty, we recomend