Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Back to the Gunks

I've been chasing the good weather recently. It's nice only working three days a week. It really enables weather chasing. Although, getting back down here was a bit harry -- lots of snow and ice and white out conditions going on. But now that I'm down here things are starting to look better.

Today I got out on some boulders in the morning with Pete and his buddy Chris. Did a few laps on the Lorax to warm up, and then went and tried The Million Dollar Problem. I've done the problem a bunch of times, but today I just couldn't seem to put it together. So, with that encouragement I hopped on New Pair of Glasses.

New Pair of Glasses has been my nemesis for quite some time. Trying it two summers ago I injured a tendon in my finger/hand. Then, earlier this year I got back on it and procured a huge flapper. And to top it all off, it's one of the few problems that I haven't done that Matt has done.

So the send was bitter sweet. Got it on the second try, letting out some Sharma yells along the way.

It was getting to be about lunch time at this point, so we all split up for a while. I went into town to get a bite to eat and to visit the shop. After that, back to the cliff for some roped fun.

I met back up with Pete and off we went to the Mac Wall. Pete had notions of MF prancing through his head, which I was totally down with. He crushed it. Still a MF-in' good climb.

After that I led Co-Ex, which is always a blast. I was pretty pumped by the time I got up to the crux. And then, after pulling it I was even more pumped. I thought I might peel off right at the top, but a thank-god foot appeared and life was good.

Weather looks good for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Charlie Harman said...

kickass. that is such a big pretty boulder.

Anonymous said...

Ah!!! at last I found what I was looking for. Somtimes it takes so much effort to find even tiny useful piece of information.