Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bonus Day

It was another bonus day in November -- warm temps and sunshine in the Lost City.

Margaret and I started our day doing some roped climbing. We did a climb that I think is called Red Tail Hawk. It starts on top of a boulder, it's in the 5.10 range and it's to the right of Resistance. No matter its name, the route itself is pretty rad. The crux is right off the deck. High-steps and bad holds, balance and hope are required. After that you do some exciting moves up to some steepness and a final Gunks classic "I hope there's a jug over the lip" blind reach.

After that we switched to the boulders. We went over in search of I Am a Cage Fighting Sensation (V6). What a sweet problem. Start sitting on some ok holds. Make a big move up to a left facing sidepull. Core up, switch your feet and make another big move up to a decent crimp. A few more (easier) dynamic moves get you to the lip and top-out. I got it first try! Woo-hoo. It was so good I did it twice in a row.

Then we moved on to Funny Killer. I made some good progress on it. I finally succumbed to Andrew's superior beta, which was a big help. I got all the way from the start to the last big hard move to the lip. Even almost held it. Can't wait to go back and cruuuuuush it.

No comments: