Monday, June 6, 2011

Little bit of this, Little bit of that.

I've been getting out intermittently the past few days for some shorter sessions. Friday, the day after Powerlinez, I got out for the morning with Mark. I had to work later that day, so I didn't really want to get too far away from the car. With that in mind, I suggested he lead P38 (5.10b). I had been on it only once before, and it was a long long time ago. In fact, P38 is where I met Ian for the first time. It's also where I saw someone I know take a trad fall for the first time. Oh the memories! After that I led up Nosedive (5.10b) and then we did No Solution (5.12a) on toprope. I actually climbed it without falling for the first time! It's been a long time coming for that one. Mark finished up with Retribution (5.10b) and we called it a day.

Saturday I spent the morning/afternoon tubing down the Roundout Creek. There was a slide show at Rock and Snow featuring Madaleine Sorkin and Lizzy Scully at 8, so I zipped out to Tripple Right before the slide show to do a little bouldering. I got on Pussywillow (v6) and Captain Bringdown (v6) and I did each a couple of times. Then I zipped back to town for the slide show.

Yesterday I got out for just a little bit of carriage road bouldering. Did New Pair of Glasses (v7) and Million Dollar Problem (v5). Tried The Twister (v8) with minimal luck...I think my beta is bad on that one and also tried Ricans and White Boys (V7) but was feeling pretty spent so didn't have much luck on that one too.

Today is another splitter day, so it's time to go crush!

No comments: