Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Peter's Kill Bouldering.

Made it out to Peter's Kill for some bouldering for the first time this year. That place has some really, really good boulder problems. Margaret and I headed out in the morning to meet Rich for some fun, relaxed climbing on some shaded boulder problems.

We went to the left side first and did Spew Harder (v5) and Loner Boner (v3) and I tried Dwarf Toss (v8) for a little while too. When I injured my finger I took like six weeks off of climbing. One of the first days back climbing I got a shoulder start for Dwarf Toss and did the dyno second try! I wanted to send pretty bad, but turns out it's pretty hard a little bit lower down...hmm, next time I suppose. But all three of those problems are quite good. Rich was able to snap a few photos of Margaret on Loner Boner:

Margaret and me at Loner Boner.

One arm, finger lock start...I can't get my fingers in, so it's a desperate crimp dyno for me.

The crux.

After that we went over to project land. I thought I'd never been there, but turns out I had been once many moons ago. I tried this crazy sloping arete thing way back when but never tried anything else that was there. We got on My Eye Only (v3) to start. It looked like it hadn't been climbed in a long time -- there were spider webs over anything, moss growing on key holds and not much in the way of chalk. But after we got her lookin' pretty, she climbed pretty nicely:

Margaret on My Eye Only.

After that we did a fun slab problem called Stepping into Grey (v3). The more slab boulder problems I do, the more I think they are the bee's knees. So. Much. Fun. The last thing we did was take a photo of Kill Whitney (V10) because it has huge huge huge tick marks. Come on dude, clean off your ticks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tiger style!

-ch.

Jesse Littleton said...

I wish I didn't have to pay to climb at two different places here in the Gunks. I'd be knocking of all sorts of Peter's Kill boulder problems....

David Jhonson said...

Worldwide Tweets is your news, entertainment, music fashion website. We provide you with the latest breaking news and videos straight from the entertainment industry. Visit dwarf tossing for more details.