Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gravity's Rainbow -- A new project.

Two days ago I went out to Lost City with some buddies. I went with the intention of trying a route that I've seen many times, but as always seemed like it was too hard to consider trying. A new project has begun: Gravity's Rainbow.

It sits on the overhanging east face of a large, detached block. It follows a vertical crack, and in true Gunks form, there is more face climbing than crack climbing. It's very beautiful.

I heard that it has one section of tricky gear, so we set a top rope up on it. After trying it once, I'm very psyched to give at a lead, but I think I'm going to go for a head-point style. That is to say, I'm totally going to scope out gear, figure out what works best, try it a few more times on top rope, and then when I'm good and ready, lead the thing.

Project!!!