Thursday, July 14, 2011

It's been a while, I know.

So, it's been a while, I know. It's not that I haven't been climbing. I've been getting out here and there, mostly cragging. But I've also been working too much. I'm now in my second week of more than 35 hours. Booo. I guess you gotta make those dolla' dolla' billz though.

Things worth mentioning that have happened in the past few weeks:

  • Chiggers. They suck. Really really hard. And then after they finish sucking you itch. Really really hard. I hate chiggers more than any other kind of bug. I would kill them all.
  • Cragging is cool. Sleepy Hollow, Slime Wall, Lost City. Hot days equals find shade.
  • Fourth of July at the Lake is still awesome and water skiing is still strenuous.
  • Sent my hardest route (on toprope) at Lost City: Caffeine and Nicotine 5.12b.
  • Swimming holes are cool. Especially ones that you can climb out of.
  • Climbed the coolest slab boulder problem ever. Stand Up Start Button (V5). 15-18 feet tall, and a sea of tiny pebbles and pebble clusters. Bad Ass.
Some photos:
Unnamed V5

When Animals Attack V3

A young, fluffy turkey vulture.

That's about it I suppose. Summer is moving right along. It's almost August for crying out loud! Matt, Rich and I have a trip planned to New Hampshire coming up. Lets hope it doesn't rain.

By the way...this is my 200th post on gunksterpuller. It's been a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rich,

your crash pad makes that photo look so nice!

Matt